October Updates Archive – 2022
World Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day is October 10, 2022. This is a global opportunity to acknowledge mental health. Since it is on 10/10, we wanted to offer 10 evidence based things you could do to take care of your own mental health.
- Call/text/e-mail a friend just to say hello
- Take a walk in nature
- Pet a dog or a cat (or any pet of your choosing)
- Change your temperature — take a warm bath or a cold shower; drink some warm tea or an ice cold soda
- Use all your senses. What do you smell, taste, hear, feel and see?
- Write in a journal. Need some ideas, our downloadable resources have journal prompts.
- Practice Gratitude. Simply acknowledging something you appreciate is enough
We know these are simple strategies that may only bring a few moments of relief. If you need more ideas or want to talk about your mental health, give us a call or text at 303-724-2500.